Sunday, December 26, 2010

Brody's Journal... A Holiday Tradition....And A Modern Twist On A Classic

By Brody Levesque (Bethesda, Maryland) DEC 26 | Tonight, the ABC Television Network ran its now annual airing of the Rodgers & Hammerstein's classic The Sound Of Music, the academy award winning film by famed director Robert Wise starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. ( A nod to WJLA-TV Channel 7 here in DC )
It's a treat for me to watch as personally I love the film- although my sons have a tendency to find "other" more important things to do. Yeah, right, of course-so much for appreciation of a classic film eh? However, I will say that watching it again brought to mind a video I saw on YouTube not long ago that I'm going to share with you all as it brought a smile to me and a sense of joy not unlike the famed film that inspired it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Desmond Rutherford said...

Thanks Brody. With the demise of genuine 70mm cinemas with real 6 channel stereo sound, it is nice to see that street theatre can inspire the excitement and joy of such wonderful music, even allowing for the disco variations.

Joy to the world comes in many forms and this has been one one of them.

Trab said...

Really lovely. I often wonder how many people join in who aren't part of the initial group, but whether they join in it physically, or just do it by enjoying it, I think everyone participates. I'd love to see something like this happen to me 'live'.