Thursday, March 7, 2013

Around The Nation

Texas
Woman Faces Prison After Beating Son For Committing Gay Sex Act
FOREST HILL, TX -- A suburban Fort Worth housewife is facing felony charges after badly beating her 15 year old son after she caught him receiving oral sex from a male cousin last December.
Police in Forest Hill have charged Erica Moore with assault with bodily injury to a family member and felony child abuse after she admitted to beating her son with with an electrical cord because it’s a form of discipline she was taught, and because she "doesn't believe in homosexuality."
In an interview Monday with CBS News Dallas, Moore said says she was laying in bed one night when she decided to walk-around her house to check on her kids. She found the door to her 15-year-old son’s bedroom shut. When she opened it, she found that her son wasn't alone — her teenage male cousin was in the room with him performing oral sex on her son. 
“My cousin at the time he was 18. My son he was 15 and I had walked in the room on [my cousin] giving oral sex to my son and I started whooping my son, and I’m the one who got in trouble as a result of me whooping him,” she said. 
“When I walked in I saw my son, it was just disgusting to me, the way he was looking and my cousin was looking, and my cousin immediately ran out the door. And I’m just like what the?!? You know, is you serious? So that was my reaction because it disgusted me.”
A spokesperson for the Forest Hills Police department said that the incident was brought to their attention after the boy's grandmother had taken him to a local hospital. The staff there alerted Texas Child Protective Services who launched an investigation.
Moore claims in the interview;
“The police department told me that it was consensual, but they was committing a homosexual act in my house and we are totally against that. So I whooped my son and about three or four months later they came and arrested me for abuse,” she said.
Police officials said that Moore's actions went beyond legally acceptable standards of discipline as she caused bleeding and leaving marks on the boy’s thighs, forearms, hands, torso and back.
While not commenting on the specifics of the case, Marissa Gonzales, a spokesperson for Child Protective Services said;
“If you are leaving the child with severe injuries or bruises, then obviously we might be talking about abuse."
Moore claims she was well within her rights to discipline her son;
“I actually caught this going on in my house so how was I supposed to react to it? I supposed to just let it go? No! We was taught to discipline our kids and we whoop our kids,” she said.
Moore also alleges that one of the arresting officers told her that "he understood why she beat her son and "would have gone further."
“Even that day when the police officer came out here, he told me out of his own mouth, ‘If it was me and I walked in on my child,’ he said, ‘parent to parent I probably would have shot him. I probably would have shot both of them.’ He said but with the law you can’t, you’re not allowed to put whoops on him. He said you can whoop him but you’re not allowed to leave any marks on him,” she said.
Moore also said that she would've done the same thing if she caught her daughter in a sexual act.
“So I said, ‘OK, what do you do in a situation like that where I’m catching my son having sex?’” she said. “It would be no different than me catching my daughter and she had a boy in the house and me disciplining her for having a boy in the house.”
A spokesperson for the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office declined to comment saying that there is still an active investigation into the matter, but did acknowledge that Moore faces prison time if convicted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She did the right thing.
"He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24) and "Withhold not correction from a child: for if thou strike him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs 23:13-14)

That is now different from walking in on your daughter or son having intercourse with your mother or father. That is insest.

Desmond Rutherford said...

Looks Like we have our very own pet bible troll.

Now where did I put the doo-doo bags?

If only these fundies would clean up their shit after they have flung it all around the site.
Oh well, hate the shit, love the shitter,
I wish they'd stay on twitter.

Trab said...

Des, that doesn't quite rhyme right.
Hate the shit, love the shitter
I wish they hell, they'd stay on twitter.
Now, doesn't that sound much better?

As far as I'm concerned she should take her own punishment physically too. Maybe about 20 lashes with a cane would do the trick.

For that matter, she should be beaten just for her terrible mangling of the English language. "You know, is you serious?"