Friday, August 26, 2011

Brody's Scribbles... Just A Thought

By Brody Levesque | WASHINGTON DC -- I hear from the "corporate christian" leadership virtually everyday in press releases, money fundraising letters, and in statements aired on both radio and television- plus in print, warning Americans that "homosexuals" are desperate to "indoctrinate" American youth with "their" agenda.
I have to admit, I'm not sure what the so-called agenda is as I have never been handed anything that outlines it nor did a user's manual get issued when I was born.
Now, the not so loyal opposition though has their marching orders, well, at least according to the Florida High School teacher who was suspended earlier this week for questionable homophobic statements he made publicly on his Facebook page.
Yesterday, the Lakes School District reinstated Mount Dora High School teacher Jerry Buell, back to his classroom, after the school board ruled he did not violate their code of conduct. Perhaps I should mention after also being threatened with a lawsuit by legal eagles from corporate christian organisations who represented poor Mister Buell pro bono... just saying eh?
Buell was sent home from Mount Dora High School for posting on Facebook: 
“I’m watching the news, eating dinner, when the story about New York okaying same sex unions came on and I almost threw up.
“If they want to call it a union, go ahead. But don’t insult a man and woman’s marriage by throwing it in the same cesspool as same-sex whatever! God will not be mocked. When did this sin become acceptable???”
Okay, so Buell doesn't like Gay folk-- check.
But wait! It has emerged that Mr. Buell wrote the following in his course syllabus:
"I am a man of God and I try to be like Jesus every day. I teach God's truth, I make very few compromises. If you believe you may have a problem with that, get your schedule changed, 'cause I ain't changing! I try to teach and lead my students as if Lake Co. Schools had hired Jesus Christ himself."
I see Mr. Buell, so "homo-sex-uals" have an agenda to recruit and indoctrinate youth? Sounds to me mister, aside from a blatant disregard for separation of church & state as mandated by your own national constitution, apparently its okay for you "corporate christians" to actively recruit young persons into your lifestyle choice?
Oh and yes please do note that I said lifestyle choice, because Mister Buell, there is not a single human being born on the face of this planet that I know of who is a "christian" straight out of the womb.

1 comments:

Trab said...

Quote "...there is not a single human being born on the face of this planet that I know of who is a "christian" straight out of the womb."

That is an interesting point. Does that mean to Christians that they have to DO something to ensure their children become Christians? Is that what Christening is all about? Or do they secretly believe that their children are born Christian, and have to step into sin before becoming unChristian?

I postulate that if it is the former (not born Christian) then their child must a child of the devil (as it is not a child of God, right?).
If it is the latter (born a Christian), then the parents, and only the parents, turn their child gay, so it is all the fault of the lousy Christian parents, not the child.

The real joke, if it wasn't so pathetic, is that all the other religions are just as dogmatic in their thinking, with exactly the same illogical processing.