Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Brody's Journal...University Of Delaware Doctoral Candidate Anti-Gay Harassment & Social Support Study

By Deeanna M. Button (Newark, Delaware) JAN 25 | Hello, my name is Deeanna Button. I am PhD candidate in the Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice at the University of Delaware, and I am currently working on my dissertation which focuses on anti-gay harassment and social support. I would like to talk with young adults who identify as LGBTQ aged 18-24 who are willing to share their experiences of anti-gay harassment.
I'm having difficulty finding participants (especially women and minorities). I would really appreciate it if you could help spread the word!
In short, I am trying to understand what "helps" youth deal with anti-gay harassment in a homophobic world. The interview usually takes about an hour and a half and focuses on high school experiences.
Sharing your experience could help youth who are currently struggling with these issues.
Please contact me if your interested at the following email: dmbutton@udel.edu

0 comments: