Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Brody's Scribbles... Tim Trent: Don't Ask Don't Tell Allows US Military To Weed Out Those Unfit To Serve

By Tim Trent (Dartmouth, England) AUG 10 |  Stop! Just before you leap onto my back and try to beat me senseless because you think I think that LGBT folk are unfit to serve, read the article! My nation allows LGBT service personnel to serve openly and without fear. And they are as good or as poor as heterosexual service personnel.
I read the article "Top-Ten West Point Cadet Resigns over 'Don't Ask, Don’t Tell" on Knights Out. I found it unbelievable that this cadet had got through initial selection. And that's not because she's a lesbian, I don't care what she is. It's because she seems to have no self control.
This is what she's said. Her words are different, but I've translated them:
I know we're going to repeal this Don't Ask Don't Tell stuff in a few months, but I just wanted to be nuked by it anyway.
I'd kind of love to have someone like her next to me in a battle, wouldn't you? Me, I kept my head down most of my life. I stayed in camouflage until it was safe to come out. What does she do? Girds her loins in a huge sparkly rainbow flag and jumps into the path of the enemy.


With that great judgment I'd sure be glad she'd got my back covered!

0 comments: