Sunday, August 1, 2010

Brody's Notes... British Teen Singing Sensation Comes Out

Joe McElderry   Photo Courtesy Of 95.8 FM London's Hit Radio 
By Brody Levesque (Bethesda, Maryland) AUG 1 | In an exclusive interview with the British newspaper The Daily Mirror, 19 year old Joe McElderry publicly acknowledged that he is Gay after months of denial. In what was termed an emotional interview by Mirror staff writer Clemmie Moodie, McElderry is quoted as telling her: 
“I’m really happy, I now know who I am.”
The decision to make a public announcement was apparently initiated by McElderry's Twitter account being hacked three weeks ago. Several messages were left that intimated that he was Gay, in which the hackers attempted to verify rumours that he was in fact Gay including this one: "It's been difficult living a lie for so many years…"
Which then made it necessity for him to tell his Mum that he was Gay according to McElderry.
McElderry's been under intense scrutiny by the press & others regarding his sexuality since his appearance and sensational performances that led to his being declared a winner on Britain's ITV programme, X Factor.
Yesterday, in a statement released by his publicist on his official webpage, McElderry wrote:
" I have always been a very honest person and so it is important for me to continue to be honest.
It has been the most amazing year so far and I feel so privileged. It’s also been a time of real self realisation and I feel as if I have grown up so much in these few months. There has been speculation about my sexuality in the past and I have always been honest at the time I have been asked.
Over the past few weeks I have really had time to reflect and to realise who I am. I spoke to my friends and family about this in the last few days and it was important to do the same for you all as you have been so supportive.
I have had nothing but support from you and many of you have been very open in saying that you will continue to support me whatever my sexuality. It is important to me to let you know first, so that you know the stories in the papers are true. I made the choice to speak openly about this."
He added: "Everything is going well and I’m really happy to be able to move forward from here"

1 comments:

DesDownunder said...

I just watched all of the X factor shows he was in and there is no doubt about his talent, and he sings well too.

Born to entertain.